Creamy Bacon and Mushroom Croustades
|This recipe serves 4
- 8 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 50g (2oz) butter, melted
- 300g (l0oz) rindless back bacon, cut into strips
- 25g (1oz) butter
- 255g (9oz) oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 150m1 (1/4pt) double cream
- Flat leaf parsley to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 220CC (425T, gas 7)
- Roll the bread thinly.
- Brush the inside of a Yorkshire pudding mould with some of the
- Pop a slice of bread in and brush with more butter.
- Set a second slice of bread on top, at a jaunty angle and brush
with melted butter.
- Cook in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until it is crispy and
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a non-stick frying pan until crispy
and golden (it takes about 5 minutes).
- Add any remaining butter. When sizzling, add the mushrooms and
- Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and simmer until thickened.
- Spoon the bacon mixture into the croustades,
- Garnish with flat leaf parsley.
Published, 02 March 2003
01 April 2007 00:00