Goan Prawn Curry
|This recipe serves four
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 small onions, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1-2 green chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 3 Oxo Indian Herbs and Spice cubes
- 400 ml / 14 fl oz can coconut milk
- 400 g / 14 oz peeled raw tiger prawns
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Small handful coriander leaves, chopped
- Boiled rice to serve
- Mint leaves to garnish
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the onions and cook over a
fairly high heat until golden brown, stirring all the time.
- Stir in the garlic, chillies and ginger - cook for 2 minutes
- Crumble in the Oxo cubes and add the coconut milk - simmer for 5
minutes until the sauce has reduced and thickened
- Add the prawns and cook for 3 - 4 minutes until they turn pink
- Stir in the lime juice and coriander - season if needed.
- Buy raw prawns as they absorb the spicy flavours and are more
succulent than ready-cooked prawns.
- Do not over cook the prawns or they become chewy.
Published, 02 March 2003
23 December 2006 23:00